Thursday 21 January 2010

ID cards again

I did an interview for BBC TV in the north west today about ID cards. They wanted to hear more about the Liverpool City Council opposition to the scheme and refusal to co operate with any Government requests for promotion, use of rooms etc. I understand the Government is trying to push the card scheme in the North West hard. I also understand however that there has been a delay in them getting their act together in terms of setting up an office. Interestingly everyone I have spoken to, including those with no interest in politics, is against these cards for one reason or another. In fact the camerman I met today would have made an even stronger interviewee against.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right, I am against too!

Dave said...

I notice that the ID adverts have taken a hold on the radio and the internet.

My politics are not your politics but I wish you well on this subject.