Friday 12 March 2010

Celebrating Success in South Liverpool

Off to Speke last night for a great event to celebrate the success of children and young people across South Liverpool. A series of awards ranging from young entrepreneurs to awards for school attendance. The young people from the Valley Community Theatre performed a short piece about diversity and there were two great singers called Attitude.

I'm getting some pictures so I'll post those when I can.

I was there as a Councillor for Cressington ward, but also as a representative from Edge Hill University. Edge Hill sponsored three of the awards.

I made a resolution to see if we can get some entries from Gilmour Infants next year (I am one of the school governors)

Among the schools with pupils winning awards were Gateacre Comprehensive, Garston C of E and New Heys.

Well done to everyone.

No comments: