Tuesday 2 March 2010

ID Cards Freedom of Information question

An e mail alerted me to the possible arrival of an answer from the Home Office.

Sadly so far all they've sent is an acknowledgement but they say they'll answer by 10th March.

I asked a Freedom of Information question about ID cards marketing. Let's face it you can't go anywhere in Liverpool without seeing an ad for this "voluntary" scheme. Bus shelters, billboards, the local press, local radio - the ads are everywhere.

I have asked for the cost of all this spend. ID cards are an illiberal waste of time so why the government thinks its all right to pour money into marketing to try to con us into applying for one is beyond me.

I'll post again when I get my answer. How full an answer it will be remains to be seen.

No comments: