Tuesday 23 November 2010

Garston Hospital - is there a design flaw?

I was walking from Liverpool South Parkway Station down towards Garston village the other day and I saw what looked like someone flashing a light at me.

On closer inspection it turned out to be a reflection from the wall of the new hospital building (the sun was very bright and the outside wall stuff seems very shiny)

In all the discussions about the new build (and some may remember there was quite a row about  why the building couldn't preserve some of the older exterior) I don't remember anything about this outside being reflective.

But if it is reflective, and it stays like that, there could be quite a few problems for motorists when the sun is bright and at a certain angle.

Obviously the dark winter days don't provide many examples of this, but I will report the reflection I saw as I am not sure a health service building should contribute to potential accidents!

No comments: